Pupil expansion device - Bhattacharjee pupil expansion ring –Dr. Suven Bhattacharjee, Med Invent Devices Pvt. Ltd.
The B-HEX Pupil Expander (Bhattacharjee Ring) by its ‘disruptive design' has made Pupil Expansion:
• Easier for the Surgeon
• Safer for the Patient &
• Possible in situations where Competition fails
• The inventive step – Entire device is in a thin single plane allowing smooth passage through very small incisions. Vertical profile is one tenth of that of competition.
• Machined – Rapid, consistent & economical production.
• No joint – Very Safe. Competition's device (Malyugin Ring) is manually produced, has a joint and is Unsafe
• Human trials – Global key opinion leaders have used the device and provided excellent testimonials.
• India – No license required for manufacture/ sale
• US FDA – The device is 510k exempt.
• US Medicare reimbursement - Physician fee is 40% higher than standard cataract – it gets labelled as ‘complex cataract'
• Produced at $ 10 and sold at $100 apiece.
• Still 25% cheaper than Competition (Malyugin Ring)
• Developed world - Single use disposable @ $100
• Developing world - Reusable option (Re-sterilization with accessory) effective cost @ $10 per use
• Easier for Surgeon, Safer for Patient
• Easier, Safer, Versatile & Economical than all competition
For further information please contact