Catheter reprocessing system – Vikram Goel, Incredible Devices
•Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs) are the number 1 cause of death globally: more people die annually from CVDs than from any other cause.
• CVDs are responsible for 31% of global deaths.
• 82% of deaths take place in low- and middle-income because of high treatment cost.
• Angiography & angioplasty techniques are used by doctors for treatment of these diseases. Catheters are disposable long flexible thin tubes used during treatment and discarded after it.
• On an average 2-3 Catheters are required for each procedure.
• Catheters comprise 10%-55% of overall treatment cost, depending upon procedure to procedure.
• Considering all this, Worldwide Healthcare Regulatory Agencies issued guidelines for re-use of catheters and legalize the reprocessing for cost effective treatment.
Present Method/ Prior Art
The conventional method for catheter cleaning is purely manual and there are several drawbacks associated with it.
1. Patient Safety: HIV, TB, Cross Contamination and other diseases may get transferred from one patient to another.
2. Quality Assurance: As the SUD's are cleaned by labour, 100% quality assurance is not possible with random sampling.
3. Labour Cost: Entirely manual process, which costs lot of man hour.
4. Reusability of SUD: Manual handling during reprocessing reduces the reusability of SUD.
5. Chemical Cost: Chemical used for catheter cleaning is very expensive.
For further information please contact